Alex Hotel is situated on the western shore of the iconic lake Zürich, it has a unique position sitting on the water’s edge; making it one of the most stylish and elegant Lake Zürich hotels. As a part of The Living Circle – a hand-picked group of first-class hotels, restaurants and even own farms in incomparably beautiful locations the topic of sustainability is therefore of great importance to us.
Since April 2021, the Alex Lake Zürich has been a member of the NOW association. NOW advocates internationally for a more sustainable tourism. They classify hotels according to their environmental friendliness and perception of social responsibility. At the same time, they prepare the information on the members on their platform "It must be NOW" in a user-friendly and clear way and are thus an indispensable information tool for all guests who want to travel responsibly. The evaluation criteria are based on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and are determined individually and specifically together with each hotel.
In this way, we want to make our contribution so that future generations can also experience the beauty of Switzerland in all its facets.
Get an overview of our measures, goals and transparent figures on our NOW page.
Here is a short list of measures that the Alex Lake Zürich has implemented for some time now:
- Sensitizing/regular training of our staff in regard to sustainability.
- Regional products and own products from our two farms are used whenever possible in our restaurants.
- Environmental friendly cleaning agents are used in the whole of the hotel.
- All bed linen and towels in our rooms are changed only on demand.
- 100% recycled printer paper is used and much of our data is only electronically stored.
- Our rubbish is strictly separated and is disposed of in an environmental friendly way.
- The entire lighting of Alex Lake Zürich is completely converted to LED.
- Water-saving taps are installed throughout the hotel including all guest rooms.
- Water from the Lake Zurich is used for both- cooling and heating.
- The whole Hotel is Minergie-Certified.
The Living Circle – is a hand-picked collection of first-class hotels and restaurants in incomparably beautiful locations, run by dedicated hosts. Rice, vegetables, fruit and a whole array of exquisite products – including wine, of course – is whisked fresh from our own farms directly to your table. That is how we define luxury. That is The Living Circle – luxury hotels fed by nature.Discover The Living Circle website